Our hotel re-opened its doors on June 23, 2020; meeting the guidelines indicated by our authorities to operate with controlled capacity.
Earth asked us for a break, put us on pause, gave us the opportunity to reflect, learn and change, distanced us, but at the same time, made us more united. Today we are facing a new normality which has taught us that we are an integral part of a whole “everything” and invite us to be even more responsible and reinforce our institutional values in all our relationships:
Humility, Optimism, Gratitude, Amor(Love) and Respect, (HOGAR)
During this time, at Buenaventura Hotels, we´ve been working to renew ourselves. We learned and prepared for this new reality, to receive you and protect what is most important: Your Safety. Our mission is, and will continue to be, to generate experiences of leisure, fun and comfort through products and services with quality and warmth, putting your well-being first.
Our goal is to guarantee safe spaces for our dear guests, our family of associates, our suppliers and, in general, for the good of our society. To accomplish this, we have developed and implemented safety and hygiene protocols following the recommendations of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), The World Health Organization (WHO), our Federal, State and Municipal Governments guidelines, as well as the criteria and contributions of Puerto Vallarta’s Hotel Association. For the reactivation of Tourist activity, we have developed the following Guide that aims to inform the actions, processes and practices that Buenaventura Hotels will adopt or reinforce for the prevention and mitigation of the COVID-19 virus.
Pointing out the 5 directives under which our protocol was created: HOGAR, which stands for HOME in Spanish, to make you feel as safe as in your home.
Hygiene and Disinfection
- Practices are implemented with the correct execution of cleaning and disinfection through techniques of aspersion and process of steam mist of common areas and the use of products with optimal levels of chemicals.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of frequent contact surfaces such as handles, rails, desk, tables, elevator controls panel, TV controls, telephones, switches, hallways, kitchen, terrace, greater concentration areas such as counters, access and waiting areas, chiller system filters, among others.
- Equipment and disinfection processes for footwear, suitcases, bags, strollers, etc.
- The good practices and controls marked by Distintivo “H” (a federal certification for food handling) are strictly followed to continue guaranteeing the quality and hygiene efficient handling of food and beverages.
- Frequent cleaning of chiller systems filters and swimming pools filters.
Order and Control
- The recommended hygiene practices (continuous washing and correct case of hands, sneeze label, among others) will be placed clearly and visibly on screens, hallways, and common areas.
- Keep 6ft distance while waiting in places such as check-in, check-out, access to bars and restaurants, lounge areas, etc.
- Maids and service personnel will be assigned to an specific floor.
- Assisted buffet will be implemented, as well as at-the-moment preparation stations and reservation is suggested in specialty restaurants.
- Using the stairs is suggested or a maximum of 4 people ( traveling together) when taking the elevators.
- Associates, suppliers, and guest’s temperatures will be measured with a proximity thermometer considering an ideal of 99.86 F (37.7° C) as without risk.
- Antibacterial gel dispensers will be placed in all common areas of the hotel.
- Medical service is available with special focus to assist possible cases of COVID-19.
- Handshake and physical contact is avoided.
- Constant usage of mouth covers for guests is suggested.
- The use of protective personal equipment (PPE) such as glasses, gloves, and mouth covers will be provided to all our personnel according to their job functions.
- A sanitation kit will be provided complimentary to all guests at arrival.
- Hotel occupancy is reduced in the first opening phase.
- Furniture of our common areas has been modified to respect safe distance of 6 ft. Each table with a capacity of no more than 6 people or by family groups.
- Lounge and beach chairs are distributed to accomplish a safe distance. We kindly request our guest to respect this furniture distribution.
- Not staying at bars is suggested.
- Rooms assignment is alternated trying to keep the greatest possible distance.
At Buenaventura hotels, guests are our reason for being and our associates are the soul of our company. Thereby, the new safety and hygiene protocols training emphasizes in our associates and our guests are strategically informed about the hotel's measures for your safety and tranquility contributing to a pleasant stay. Honesty has always been an important piece, because if a guest or an associate shows any of symptoms of COVID-19, they must inform the hotel staff, remember that if you take care of yourself, you take care of all of us.